Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Memory Cards

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 04:11:10 EDT

on 17-08-2001 9:33, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> There were some warnings in the Apple documentation about the danger of doing
> a soft reset with a flash RAM card inserted. Very few people are aware of that
> warning. Even myself didn't hear about this until someone on this list
> pointed out the reference. I've never had any problem while doing a soft
> reset and keeping a flash RAM card in the Newton.

Before the wrong information gets into the world as a fact, from the MP 2000
manual (pdf) "To do a hard reset: 1 Remove any storage or application card
that are inserted in your MP 2000"

I couldn't find any reference to a soft reset and storage cards and AFAIK
there isn't any, only a warning about a hard reset, please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Robert Benschop