Re: [NTLK] A Messagepad for my wife! But which one?!

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 14:16:44 EDT

Hello Judy,

  Actually Mr. Benschop is a regular on this newsgroup and you could
contact him here. In fact he has already posted today, thus he should not
be too hard to catch.

  I must admit that I very much like the eMate and I, and my wife, am very
much looking forward to getting one from Mr. Benschop for her schooling!
For myself I feel that the Newton, thus eMate, OS is not nearly as user
friendly as a full desktop nor as functional, but given what the Newton is
I think that it is a very good system (I am a big pen computing fan. Thus I
cannot wait for better and cheaper tablets to come out). And, to be quite
honest, although the tasks of the various Newton models are different I
think that I like the eMate more than my uMP2000 (although I would be very
cautious taking handwritten notes on my eMate, such as for class or seminar
or conference, as I feel the recognition on the uMP2000 is vastly superior.
This, again, is not surprising due to the better processor of the uMP2000.
As such I feel the main reason I keep the uMP2000, and not just stick with
the eMate, is for taking lengthy notes).

  I hope this helps.

Sam