Re: [NTLK] A Messagepad for my wife! But which one?!

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 11:37:23 EDT

Hello All,

  My wife has, over time, become more and more interested in the use of the
Newton! Yeah! And, to this end, she has recently put in an order for an
eMate 300 from Mr. Benschop!

  However like many of us my wife has a very busy schedule. In fact she is
so busy that she tends to forget some of her multitude of appointments, and
has recently had a few instances of double booking herself.

  Due to her Planning woes, combined with her interest in an eMate, I
suggested that she invest in a MessagePad so that she might keep her ToDo
list more organized (and written down). She was open to the idea, yet now
we are in the position of trying to find the best unit for her needs. And,
unfortunately, I cannot help her much as I am only familiar with the MP2100.

  As such I was wondering what might be the general consensus of the NUG as
to which MessagePad might work best for her? Her needs are simply a unit
that will keep an accurate and well defined ToDo list, address book, and
notepad (such as for recipes as, among other things, she is a cook).
However the unit must be small enough to fit in her pocket so that she can
easily carry it around with her while she works and runs errands.

  Any suggestions?

Thank you all!

Respectfully,

Sam