[NTLK] Carpman has left the Arena.

From: carpman_at_newtontracker.net
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 10:14:59 EDT

Well, I'm out. Newtontracker sounded like a good idea on paper, and I thought that the Newton would be as cool as it was 3 years ago, but the Newton truly is dead. The efforts of Paul's ATA driver, while excelent work, are not going to bring the Newton back. If the Newton is to survive, it MUST have a period of new software development.

I've got my Diamond Mako (re-packaged Revo+). The Newtontracker UNNA mirror will dissipear sometime this afternoon (CST).

I really hate to do this, but I hadn't turned my Newton on in the past two weeks, and despite the posts I made to the contrary, everyone still believes that OSX is the death of the Newton.

I'm sorry I wasted your time.

--
| Carpman the Great 	| Guild of the Void Pointer 		|
| Ham Radio Opr: KD5HME | Keeper of the Arcane Dereference 	|