[NTLK] voice recognition Newton

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 10:28:40 EDT

Last millennium Dragon Systems (of Dragon Dictate fame) demo'ed a
limited speech to text app (yes, that's "speech to text", not the other
way 'round) for the MP2000/2100. As part of a "Talk to Newton" campaign,
the software did exist.

Posters were made. Ad copy was designed. Apple and Dragon sued each
other, so this software was never released (that's also why there's no
Dragon Dictate 5 for the Mac).

I've tried in the past to get this released as "unsupported freeware".

I came a step closer today. Not a baby step, and not a giant step, but a
step. That's all I want to say now, so as to not get anyone's hopes up.

Stay tuned, same Newt-time, same Newt-channel (wow does that take me back!)

--

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com mrollins_at_thermo.com