Re: [NTLK] Now Up-to-Date and NCU

From: Bryan Nunweek (bryan_at_hire.co.nz)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 16:53:58 EDT

I have used Now Synchronize 2.1 with NUD 3.9.2 for some time with
only the occasional glitch.

WRT NCU/intellilink, I did once track down Puma Technologies who
appeared to have originally written the NCU translators (they still
do them for PCs) but there appeared to be no knowledege or interest
in Macs and Newtons.

I suspect that the only viable way forward on this is to persuade
John Del Pizzo to incorporate NUD support in Newtourage (See
Following). I don't see why PowerOn would not assist him in this.

Bryan,

One third of Newtourage - the part that communicates with and reads/writes
data to/from the Newton would be directly portable. The sync logic/field
mapping would have to be customized to NUD. Unfortunately, I don't own a
copy of NUD to know how to interface with it.

Chances are against it, but I wouldn't rule anything out. My first priority,
though, is finishing Newtourage (because that's what I use). When that's
done in a few months, I'll have the time to look at other applications.

Please send me a reminder later this summer and I'll let you know how it
looks then.

John Del Pizzo
DelCann Software

On 3/25/01 8:21 PM, "bryan" <bryan_at_hire.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any likelihood of extending your product to NUD ? Although
> NpwSync still works after a fashion, it is pretty shaky.

Bryan Nunweek
Central Hire Ltd
Po Box 11 047, 60 Cawley St
Ellerslie, NEW ZEALAND
Ph 9-525-1005, Fax 9-525-1006, Mob 21-924-225
http://www.hire.co.nz