Re: [NTLK] NTK1.6.4 MacOS9.1 memory problems

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 09:31:52 EDT

>The same in my case. What is ExitToShell? Do you mean Ctrl-Alt-Power, the
>Mac Ctrl-Alt-Del-version?

Er, no. I mean command-power button to invoke macsbug and then es return.
It's more or less equivalent to control-alt-command-esc and then
clicking on Quit.
Ctrl-Alt-Power doesn't do anything here.

>I'll try this but I think it stuck on the 16MB main mem.

I don't think you need so much main heap. And by 8 & 32, I mean 8 MB
of main heap and 32 MB of build heap.

BTW, you probably want to read the Q&A "NTK 1.6 Heap/Partition Memory Issues"

>If it doesn't work
>with e.g. 16/32MB I could reduce my CH map by some unneeded tiles (e.g. the
>large french part ;-) ahm, that's not to offend the french Newton users,
>only to get the things work, I already have a nice working France map).

The big problem I see is that the resulting map will be a very very
huge package.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/