Re: [NTLK] infonewt.com

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 18:53:54 EDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 8/31/01 6:25 PM, the entity known
as Brian transmitted the following from bmcewen_at_mediaone.net:

> IIRC, @home has the option to give you 10 megs home page space; jsut pay
> dyndns $30 for your .com address, tell Network Solutions or whomever you
> already registered with to use dyndns, and use the webhop to point to your
> @ home web space.
>
> The person browsing will never know it's being served from
> people.athome.com/good-ol-bill or whatever. The www.info-newt.com will
> still serve just fine.

I think the problem is that the size of the infonewt site is MUCH bigger
than 10 megs, IIRC. However, my previous suggestion still stands, namely
set up the webserver on the machine at home to be on a non-standard port,
then use the 10 megs of @HOME space for the root pages that then point to
the rest. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

- Eric.