Re: [NTLK] NTK plus OS X.1 serial port - how?

From: Carsten Lemmen (ysoft_at_web.de)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 04:05:38 EST

Am Donnerstag den, 29. November 2001, um 19:37, schrieb Robert Benschop:

> on 26-10-2001 11:01, Carsten Lemmen at ysoft_at_web.de wrote:
>
>> There were a few messages about getting NTK to work under 10.1. with
>> AppleTalk over Ethernet. The solution is:
>> Load the software "PortShare Demo"
>> <http://www.versiontracker.com/redir.fcgi/kind=1&db=mac&id=4215/PortShareDemo.
>> sit.hqx>
>> Boot under 9.x. Open PortShare Demo control panel and create a new port.
>> Start NTK and select this port
>> Boot under X. NTK does work.

Seems, Mike O'Brien mixed two different things together.
My quote describes a way to use NTK under MacOS X 10.1 (I'm sure you got
it right, Robert). It has nothing to do with USB to serial.
I recommend to stop all serial ports based connections to the Newton and
use Ethernet, as long as you have a NOS 2.1 system and a Mac. For older
models, the geethree solution is the most elegant thing, as long as you
can do without the Mac's internal modem.

Regards,
Carsten

--
Newton SIG im MAC e.V.: http://www.mac-ev.de/sig/newton