[NTLK] Basilisk II

From: Dave's Newton (davesnewton_at_optusnet.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 04:06:31 EST

Hi All,

OK, I'm still having monster troubles with NCU and Win2K and I'm about
to throw the PC out the window:

        -> Won't backup, just disconnects
        -> Won't install any packages over about 100K - it just stops
during the transfer

So, I'm going to give Basilisk II a go in the BeOS. A saint :) who
shall remail nameless (thanks DS) emailed me a ROM and Basilisk II
likes it! But that's just the ROM.

All I want to use Basilisk II for is connecting with the Newton. I am
given a choice of Mac OS 7.x, or 8.x and apparently, I can download 7.x
for free - I don't know about 8.x. I've never used a Mac (though I
would probably regret that decision if I used one for a while), so I
don't know anything about them.

For the purposes that I want to use Basilisk II for, what do you guys
recommend=3F

Any tips on setting up / using BII would be appreciated too.

Regards,

Dave
Sent from the BeOS