Re: [NTLK] Mucho 2100's 4-sale

From: Joost van de Griek (gyorpb_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 07:49:45 EST

on 2001-11-30 22:50, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I believe that the phrase "Dutch Auction" comes from
> the slang of "going dutch" where all parties pay their
> own way. In the sense of an auction, this means that
> all items are bid on as a group to individuals.

I think it stems from the way the Dutch auctions for flowers and other
agricultural produce work: the item is brought in and a high price is set on
the auction clock. Then the price decreases steadily, and the first one to
stop the clock gets the item at the price on the moment they stopped the
clock.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--