Re: [NTLK] Newton Press under Classic ???

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 07:49:58 EST

On Saturday, December 1, 2001, at 11:30 , james richter wrote:

> Newton Press runs just fine for me under Classic in
> OSX.1.1. Haven't had any problems. Didn't do
> anything out of the ordinary to get it going. Do you
> think you have some extension conflict?

I had rather assumed that I had some extension turned off that Newton
Press may require. I have turned off all but what it the absolute
minimum required to just about run Office under Classic, anything else
is off.

This is because if I turn on some more, then Classic will hang during
its startup.

Also, I have noticed that NP installs (or intends to install) some
things that are already part of the system these days (like for example
AppleScript) and considering its age, it is likely that it might try to
overwrite some stuff with old versions, which is why I did a custom
install and only chose the core app, not any of the extras like
AppleScript and Claris XTND etc. I am wondering if it would miss those
even if I have newer versions present. Unfortunately there seems to be
no error log that I could consult to find why it doesn't stay alive.
When I launch NP, it shows up very briefly in the Dock and disappears
right away.

rgds
BK