Re: [NTLK] Basilisk II

From: BK (bk_newtontalk_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 18:40:22 EST

> On Saturday, December 1, 2001, at 12:58 PM, rkadowns_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> You don't need VPC for windows to run Basilisk II. It is an emulator
>> that runs native on Linux/Windows/Linux.
>> On Saturday, December 1, 2001, at 12:43 PM, BK wrote:

I realise that but I don't have nor want a Wintel machine. I have a Mac
with OSX.

What I was thinking of doing is to run OS8 under Basilisk either

- under Linux under VPC under MacOS X

or

- under Windoze98 under VPC under MacOS X

This OS8 environment would be exclusively to serve the Newton (Backups,
Newton Press etc) but it would have to be using Ethernet as I don't have
any serial ports neither on my iBook nor on my G4.

Hence the question if this arrangement would work through Ethernet.

Ah, yes, the reason why I wouldn't use Classic under OSX is because I am
not having much fun with it. I got it working with Office for now which
was quite an effort and I don't want to mess it up. Newton Press doesn't
run at the moment, so this thing with Basilisk which might seem to be
coming around five corners, could be a work around to look into
(provided that Ethernet will do).

rgds
BK