Re: [NTLK] Basilisk II

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 01:44:45 EST

on 12/1/01 4:51 PM, THX 1138 at onefishtwofish_at_mac.com wrote:

> If you can find it (it's a bit grey market) 7.1.1 is my favorite
> system for 68k chips. fast, easy and oh so stable. keep in mind this
> is the base system for most newton apps, so in theory should be the
> most stable.

When 7.5 first came out, I stole a copy of the 7.5 finder, put it in my copy
7.1, and with a few extensions downloaded from Apple's site, had myself a
Frankenstein's monster of 7.5, including all the 7.5 features. It was quite
stable, and took up less disk space. :-) I don't recommend it, and would
recommend 7.6.1 for you if you can get it. That would really be best based
on my experience with all versions from 6.0.8 onward. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland