Re: [NTLK] infra red%26in-reply-to=%26lt;545017209-bemail@>

From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 15:24:08 EST

Dave,

The MP2000/2100 has the ability to transmit & receive infrared via a
limited subset of the IrDA protocol. Older model (MP1XX) use an older Sharp
protocol called ASK.

Even if the go kart is transmitting using the IrDA you would have to write
a decoder for the data to understand the bytestream, convert to newton
format, then poke that data into a Quickfigure spreadsheet.

Check the FAQ for more info about IrDA:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB3c

Michael Guzzo