[NTLK] Duplicate AppleTalk computer entries

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 16:57:20 EST

I often have trouble connecting to my Mac through AppleTalk. I try and try,
then give up and go back to Serial, or pass the pkg to my PC to use
Ser57600.

My Newt can see my Mac in the correct zone, but never makes a connection to
NCU. In the "Connect to" listing on the Newt, my Mac is listed several
times. All of these listings appear with a check mark. Since the Mac's IP
is dynamic, I'm wondering if this is causing problems.

I remember locating the appropriate entry/slot in a soup (System?) ages ago
and zapping all the slot's contents to start over again, but for the life of
me I cannot locate it again. I tried "Forget Me" and "Prefs Cleaner," but
they don't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Any hints on how to clean up all these listings? I think SBM Utils had
something, but that's on my other Newt...

Sigh.

TIA

Paul F.