Re: [NTLK] Duplicate AppleTalk computer entries

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien_at_leonardo.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 03:08:41 EST

Paul Filmer sez:
> My Newt can see my Mac in the correct zone, but never makes a connection to
> NCU. In the "Connect to" listing on the Newt, my Mac is listed several
> times. All of these listings appear with a check mark.

        This is just the problem I was having a couple of weeks ago. It
turned out that the Newt and the Mac were not on the same network.
Appletalk was supposedly being routed between the nets, and indeed the Newt
saw the Mac, as you say, but was never able to establish a connection. The
solution was to forcibly move the Mac to the same net as the Newton. That
solved the problem.

Mike O'Brien