Re: [NTLK] Newton 2002 & [OT] rant .

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 02:50:32 EST

on 12/5/01 12:00 AM, Woo Lee at vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> You didn't have access to 'all the financials' either(unless $J invited =
> you). I have Apple stock, and I still can't see the balance sheets. =
> Instead of repeating others thoughts, how about getting a copy of the =
> actual records *before* you speakout. All the 'newton bled Apple' people =
> can shove their thoughts until actual copies of the balance sheets are =
> available for public view. Fred Anderson *never* said Newton was =
> unprofitable, just that it cost a lot of 'sunken' R & D.

Rather than us shoving our thoughts, I say that you need to shove your
conspiracy theory thoughts until you have proof. This is a silly thing to
argue about, actually. It was a decision made by basically one man. We can
never know his rationale, nor the specifics. For you to insist in your
conspiracy theory (hated Spindler, Microsoft buyout, etc.) is just as silly,
or more so, rather, than the sensible one, that Apple really couldn't afford
to support two hardware platforms and two operating systems, and since the
MacOS was the money-maker, and the Newton wasn't in the greatest health, the
Newton was the one that walked the plank, was put out in the blizzard, etc.
Until somebody shows hard evidence that these conspiracies are true (taped
conversations, memos, etc.) you would have to have other inclinations to
believe otherwise. Since we all know you, Woo, I guess I need not say more
about those "other inclinations... ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams