Re: [NTLK] Schlumberger Dr. Watson

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 12:42:36 EST

>Thanks Paul! I will try to make up some excuse to go to Paris one of these
>days... umm, UNESCO? Umm, CNES? Umm, CNRS? Umm, IFREMER? One of those
>should work.
>
>If you want stars, perhaps LANug is also in the running?

Indeed. I mentioned NUGWash because I'm particularly green to not
have been to the NUGWash meeting where, in addition to regular
Washington area regular stars (Laurent, Paul, Sean & others), there
was Woo and Ronnie Simon (who's from UK!).

But meeting the folks in LA opening live a Newton while it's serving
pages and running either VNC Client or VNC Server are worth meeting :)

(Seriously, you'd better not run a Newton while it's open).

>She is looking for a way to print out a list of installed packages, and my
>only thought was to install a NS package listing script plus a NS enabler
>for Notes, but that seems very complex to expect from a novice. Any clues,
>folks?

Doesn't TrashPak do exactly this? I never used it myself, but it's in
the FAQ, I think.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/