Re: [NTLK] MP Advice

From: Evan Stone (EStone_at_KnowledgePoint.com)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 14:02:26 EST

> You might as well start with an MP130 :) That unit has
> enough heap to send and recieve emails via modem
> and PPP, which is something you really cannot
> do in a practical manner on an MP120 (even if if is 2.0, the
> heap ram is too little).

Cool. Thanks for the advice regarding the 130. I have to agree it sounds
like the better unit of the two (and with a backlight - bonus points! :).
Additionally I wouldn't really want to purchase a 120 and then realize that
I had bought something I couldn't really use to the full (and then have to
upgrade *again*).

Unfortunately, most of the ones i've seen for sale are a bit out of my
budget, so it looks like I'm back to square one for the time being,
namely...

> You can trick that MP100 out pretty well though, in the
> meantime, if you want to fiddle around with it.

This is what I figured I'd do for the meantime anyways. I'd be open to
suggestions regarding the tricking out process, if anyone wants to bother...
:)

Thanks again for the suggestions!!!

:: e v a n s t o n e
:: s o f t w a r e e n g i n e e r
:: k n o w l e d g e p o i n t

P.S. Sorry if I'm bugging people with my newbie-ish queries and statements.
I'm just really jazzed about using my Newton again! ;)