Re: [NTLK] [OT] Poutine?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 16:48:05 EST

On 12/12/01 16:35, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 12-12-2001 9:43, Grant [Routine Poutine] Hutchinson at grant_at_splorp.com

>>> So, I'm guessing it's a Canadian State Secret(tm)??
>>
>> http://www.hasc.com/~tikin/poutine-eng.html
>
> Sorry to indulge in this off-topic thread, but a website for poutine, my jaw
> dropped !
> (though I have to admit it's normally the first thing I get when I land in
> Quebec, the best guarded dirty little secret ;-)
> I thought of exporting poutine at some point but decided that probably most
> people will have a hard time realizing that fries, gravy and cheese actually
> taste good together)

Too bad for them, as it really tastes good!!! I would make poutine tonight,
when coming home, but the problem here, in the US (at least in Virginia) is
finding the infamous curly cheese that is needed. Anybody has any suggestion
as to where I could find some? (No, shredded cheese doesn't count as a
substitute!)

-Laurent.

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.