Re: [NTLK] Starting from afresh !

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 10:33:24 EST

On 13/12/01 10:20, "Cooney, David" <d.cooney_at_abertay.ac.uk> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I just recieved my new 2100. I had to perform a hard reset to remove
> previous owner details, stuff etc.....
>
> Now what I need to know is what do I need to install first in the way of
> system updates, patches etc.....

Start with things that need to be always available, like extra fonts,
special system sounds, extensions to built-in apps, etc. Then, if you're
planning to use the internet, make sure you install the various packages
that are part of "Newton Internet Enabler" on the internal store. You might
install the "Internet Setup" application on a card, though. That's pretty
much it. Basically, just make a list of what you're planning to install.
Then, install what needs to be absolutely on the internal store. Use your
common sense and check the read-me's that come with most application
packages.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"