Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #410

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 15:14:36 EST

I believe that this was discussed on the list a while ago, but I was
told that this will not work. I was going to use this method to
connect my 120 to my cable modem, but was told that NIE 1.1 does not
work with a LocalTalk bridge. The data does not get encoded properly
or something. I believe that it works with NIE 2.0, but them you can
use ethernet anyway.

-James

>Hello Neil!
>
>You have got an ansver about Ethernet, but there is a solution you =
>can use to get in contakt with your desktop provided it is a =
>Macintosh. I have an PowerPC 6500, a LaserWriter 4/600 PS and a MP =
>130. They run all AppleTalk (LocalTalk) and runs in a small AppleTalk =
>Network using 3 AppleTalk boxes (Phone Net/LocalTalk net).
>On the Macintosh I use the controlpanel - LocalTalk Bridge - from =
>Apple (free) to automatic "route" the AppleTalk Network to the =
>EtherNet network. It works fine with different connection utilities.
>I exspect (to bee honest - I hope) that I can get on the InterNet =
>with the MP 130 and NIE 1.1, when i get my ISDN Router up and =
>running. But do not expect miracles. E-mail should bee possible, =
>maybee FTP too.
>
>J=F8rgen (Jorgen)
>
>PS if you use a Win PC this will off cource not work, but maybee =
>someone else could use the idea!!!

The Sharp ExpertPad Upgrade Project:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/expertpads.html
Usable HWR in a slimmer case? Oh yeah!