Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #410

From: J¿rgen Riishede (riishede_at_get2net.dk)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:22:40 EST

Hello Neil!

You have got an ansver about Ethernet, but there is a solution you =
can use to get in contakt with your desktop provided it is a =
Macintosh. I have an PowerPC 6500, a LaserWriter 4/600 PS and a MP =
130. They run all AppleTalk (LocalTalk) and runs in a small AppleTalk =
Network using 3 AppleTalk boxes (Phone Net/LocalTalk net).
On the Macintosh I use the controlpanel - LocalTalk Bridge - from =
Apple (free) to automatic "route" the AppleTalk Network to the =
EtherNet network. It works fine with different connection utilities.
I exspect (to bee honest - I hope) that I can get on the InterNet =
with the MP 130 and NIE 1.1, when i get my ISDN Router up and =
running. But do not expect miracles. E-mail should bee possible, =
maybee FTP too.

J=F8rgen (Jorgen)

PS if you use a Win PC this will off cource not work, but maybee =
someone else could use the idea!!!