Re: [NTLK] BackTalk (was: Can you upgrade intenal...)

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:48:14 EST

From: "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Can you upgrade intenal 2100 storage? (Was: MP2000 +
DRAM)

From http://tow.com/photogallery/20010925_snug/

"Gregory brought his BackTalk-equipped Newton, which allowed us to beam
information back and forth between a Palm-powered handheld. We couldn't
figure out how to send data from the Newton to the Palm"

Keep in mind that if the Palm is using a "hack" to speed up the internal
clock, beaming may not work reliably. Also the note (if that's what you
had a problem beaming) can't have any punctuation in the first few
words. The first few words of the note (example "list_at_home.new") are
used as the note title in the Palm. So in the example I just gave you'd
have to change it to "list home new" before beaming to have the Palm
accept it.

--

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com