Re: [NTLK] Can you upgrade internal 2100 storage?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 08:08:21 EST

From: "Gregory J. Wayman" <gwayman_at_mac.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Can you upgrade intenal 2100 storage? (Was: MP2000 +
DRAM)

>I thought I remembered this tidbit from a past SNUG meeting, this is
--snip--
Now someone should look to see if there's some sort of enabler or patch
on this Newton, possibly installled as part of what was on the RAM card.
Extract the patch, and post it along with the RAM board chip part #s.
Let's have the incomparable Mr. Watson offer a 7 MB RAM upgrade. Also
the odd # (11 MB - whould'a thunk it) may be why previous attempts with
8 or 16 MB failed, and maybe no patch is needed if it's exactly 11 MB?

--

Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com mrollins_at_thermo.com