Re: [NTLK] Revisiting Pix Solution Accelerator

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 06:44:00 EST

> I removed the crystal from the motherboard and added a
> 5.0 MHz chip, and used a micro-switch to select between them.
And here I'm stuck. A 5MHz chip but for what? Is there a PLL used to
multiply the x-tal frequency by 44? If so may be the PLL could be mis-used
to make a smooth transition between 162 and 220MHz if its VCO has a wide
enough range.

> Another challenge is where to put the switch. I cut a small bit of
plastic
> away next to the serial port and put it there, recessed so it can't get
> bumped accidentally.
Amazing to imagine what you did! :-) I got a MP2k1 recently with the NIC
port missing, which gives enough space to mount even something else beside
the micro switch.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG