[NTLK] Practicality of an eMate?

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 15:38:13 EST

Someone just put up an eMate on ebay and posted its availability to this
list and after checking it out I was just wondering: How practical is an
eMate viz-a-viz a Newton 2100? What I mean to say is, what I like about
the original design of the Newton is the ability to hold it your hand and
quickly input information via a stylus into the device, i.e. for quick
notes and info and not longer passages of text, for which a keyboard of
course would be much more practical. With the eMate I just don't see,
ergonomically speaking, the easy ability to input info with the stylus
without having to hold your hand in an awkward position to do it. Any
comments on this from experienced eMate users?

Chris Searles