Re: [NTLK] Serial port speed

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 16:34:58 EDT

>All I want to do is hit the 'dock' icon and on the 'Connect using'
>pull down, have a selection for '28800bps'. The serial port would
>then communicate at that speed.

In that case, the only easy way is to have a module such as the
package to do 57.6K connections with the dock. You can grab the
sources somewhere (maybe of the 115.2 rather) and change the consts
to 28800.

>I will be able to use the serial port and the keyboard while the
>Newton is overclocked!

Have you looked if the keyboard can be used without any software on
the secondary port? And even if it cannot, you can dock with the
secondary port as well with an extension such as the one to connect
at 28800 (but there, I'm nearly 100% sure that it will work). Of
course, it doesn't solve the acceleration problem.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/