Re: [NTLK] Newton Book Resources (was: ANN: Memento Mori NewtBook)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 20:41:12 EDT

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Gary Moody wrote:

<snip snip paperback is good>
> The only downside is...no graphics and all of the text is the same size and
> style.

And they don't use "Copperfield", the NewtonOS book reader in ROM, so they
take up more space.

> The upside is that the single package resizes itself to use the max screen
> real estate available on the particular machine (from the MP100 to the
> eMate), can be used in both portrait and landscape modes on all capable
> machines, and has resizable fonts on the fly, so you can read even in
> blurry-eyed, low light conditions. In 18 point Casual font, it practically
> screams at you.

Okay, the font changing on the fly is cool. Hrm. This is making me want
to patch Copperfield even more to see if this could be added. Too bad
I've picked up my Dopewars port again...

> I've put a bunch of books into it...no hassles. Nothing like a bit of
> William Gibson or Tom Clancy in the airport to while the time...

Or Maxim Gorky, Dostoyevsky, or Huxley on the commuter train...