Re: [NTLK] Newton Book Resources (was: ANN: Memento Mori NewtBook)

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 20:51:24 EDT

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:32:20 -0400, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On 7/12/01, Gary Moody quoth:
> >
> >The one resource that seems to be overlooked a LOT is Paperback by David
> >Fedor, one of the original Newton team. It's available at
> >http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/Paperback/. It takes straight
text

nice. I've just been there and I'll try it with some chapters I've prepared
already (Ive got up to 22 of the chapters written already so I'll have to do
it in chunks not to make it too memory-demanding.

> >files...drag'n'drop...and produces a nicely formatted package, with TOC
with
> >minor editing.
>
> Hmmm, interesting. Not really what I was looking for, but an elegant
> solution anyway. I'll give it a shot.

I was thinking for a straight linear solution but I was thinking Steve
Weyer's Newtscape (with the possibility of all those HTML-style links) if I
wanted more user interactivity, or even that newt-version of hyperstudio if
I could afford to buy a copy from somewhere.- well, horses 4 courses!
John Johnson