Re: [NTLK] Nushield Question?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 15:12:46 EDT

on or about 7/13/01 2:41 PM, the following may or may not have been typed by
John M. Powell at quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net:

> The reasons why you WANT screen protection;
> 1) Even though it is only plastic rubbing against plastic,
> wear DOES occur. I've seen Newt screens that had wear in
> specific places, where obvious heavy usage occurred.

Good Heavens!! What in the world sort of use could there be that would
induce that much wear??? The HWR may be excellent, but if I'm gonna write
THAT much, I'm attaching the keyboard.

> 2) Particles, dust, and dirt float around all the time.
> You get one of those pieces under the nub of the pen and
> you've just inadvertently scratched your screen.

That's what I figured, and that's why I wondered if I'm just not in the same
sort of environment or something. I've been using my Newt for about 6
months and so far I'm just not seeing anywhere near the quantity of dirt
that would make this a serious threat. Obviously folks' mileage varies
widely.

Anyway, I'd always thought these protectors were just for those folks who
couldn't be bothered to use the stylus and chose to use any handy
stylus-like object, including their fingernails.

- Eric.