Re: [NTLK] Nushield Question?

From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 15:34:29 EDT

>Good Heavens!! What in the world sort of use could there be that would
>induce that much wear??? The HWR may be excellent, but if I'm gonna write
>THAT much, I'm attaching the keyboard.

Frequently-accessed icons on the button bar (especially the scrolling arrows and overview
button) will exhibit wear on the screen as time goes by, even when you're just tapping them. (Of
course, if you use Dash Board's Launcher, it can get worse.) I've also found that certain controls
in applications you use on a regular basis (or even controls from different applications in
consistent locations, like close boxes), can exhibit wear over time. Screen wear is just about
unavoidable, even under the best of circumstances.

(But if you've used your MessagePad long enough for it to reliably recognize your handwriting
more often than not, you may find yourself typing at the keyboard less and less. I think I've used
my keyboard *once* in three or four years.)

BRIAN