Re: [NTLK] Nushield Question?

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 18:53:42 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:58:00 -0400
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Nushield Question?

> I suppose this could happen, although it would be really hard to see
> such
> wear on, say, the scrolling arrows/overview button, since that part
> of the
> screen has the printed underlay. I guess I just haven't figured out
> how to
> integrate the Newt into my daily life as deeply as some others have,
> because
> there just isn't anything on the Newt that I use THAT much that there
> would
> ever be any danger of wearing things.

No suppose about it. It happens. To everbody, sooner or later. (And
especially on cheaper screens like Palm units).

Better safe than sorry! Perhaps not as much for wear as for the
occasional spec of dirt that WILL scratch the screen. Don't say we
didn't warn you.

I've got two keyboards, and use(d) them so rarely that I stopped
bothering to put them in my briefcase years ago.

Also, remember that MP2xxx's don't have that printed underlay - they
have a "soft" button bar at the bottom, where you can rearrange the
location of the arrows and other program icons. And rotate the screen
so they can be on any side. 1xx Newton's can rotate (but not as much)
too, if they are running OS 2.0

> the
> smartest thing I got for the Newt. I just wish that when typing
> checklists
> and outlines that there were command-key combos for some of the
> buttons on
> the screen.

There are (at least on my MP2xxx's). Hold down the COMMAND (Apple) key
on the keyboard for a moment to pop up a list of keyboard shortcuts in
many programs. I don't have my 130 with me so I can't be sure that
works on 1xx units.

 - Bill