Re: [NTLK] The Cube Is Dead!

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 07:56:02 EDT

Hi fellow Newtoneers,

Kim Howe wrote:
> It was quite sad really, the
> Lisa has a lot in common with the Newton, it was a machine far ahead of its
> time. By the way, the Lisa was significantly superior to early Macs.
> (Multitasking OS, Document Centred OS, Hard Drives, Larger Screen etc.)

reminds me of the difference between Newton prototypes (not quite
"Palm"-size 8^) and the models for sale - "slate" vs. "runt", that is...
see
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ntalk-archive/ntalk-sean/newtontalk-digest-V2-n851
and look for "Ex Newton OS Engineer" John Arkley and his Newt lore.

Regards 8^(
-- Wolf Lichtenberger