Re: [NTLK] SER-001 Install

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 19:50:02 EDT

On 7/16/01, Chris Stephens quoth:

>Since a bunch of you have already done this and have commented on the
>case opening, I have a question. What is the secret handshake? Am I
>being too much of a wimp? I have the three tabs free at the battery
>end. It doesn't seem to want to separate on the hinge side. Are
>there tabs there? Should I just pull harder? Advice please....

you removed all four screw right? If so then just pucker up and pull
slowly, using your fingernails in the slot to push the tab side in.
If it's the first time it's been opened it will be tight.

Also, I got the extra screws today. Thanks David, it's that much more
secure now and my anal retentive side can sleep that much better at
night. One question though, would it be possible to drill a hole thru
the case and use the 1/2" screw to further hold the case tight, I'm
still a bit worried about case deformation around the port.

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.