Re: [NTLK] uMP2000/2100 vs. eMate

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 01:14:31 EDT

On 7/21/01, Samuel Jacobson quoth:
> Does anyone know of another good condition eMate for sale (especially NO
>scratches on the screen as this really bothers my eyes/concentration)

Mr. Robert Benshop has several new units for sale, I think he's on
vacation currently. he'll speak up soon if not...

> or
>where I can get the DRAM upgrade for the unit?

Ask here, or watch ebay. expect to pay a LOT. sorry, but they're as
rare as golden hen's teeth now.

> Also, is there any benefit to the Type III PCMCIA slot on the eMate?

if the newton drivers work with any of those big type III modems that
have the built in socket, they they're a plus, I guess. Other than
that, no. I would love to get some way to cram a second card socket
in there, but until a set of board schematics surface, and an
electronics wizard translates them, there's not much hope of that.

I keep my business cards in there, myself... :)

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.