Re: [NTLK] Error When Download Drivers for 3 Com EtherLink III 3C589D-TP

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 13:57:26 EDT

There was an earlier request of someone else having
troubles getting the drivers from Chuma.
So, as a work around, I put the drivers on my mime
enabled server and you can download them directly into
your Newt:
http://gng.tek-ed.com/newton
(if you're using NewtScape, you can go directly to the
site by hitting: http://newton.tek-ed.com)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Bruce Huddleson <bhuddleson_at_secc.cc.ia.us> wrote:

> I have a 3 Com EtherLink III 3C589D-TP
>
> I am using a Mac PowerBook w/FireWire, Stuffit
> Expander 6.0.1, system 9.0.4
>
> When I try to download the drivers from
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ I get an error
> message "Error
> Unknown Format"
>
> I am able to download other files in pkg format.
>
> My goal is to use ethernet on a MP 2100.
>
> What do I need to do to successfully download the
> drivers?
>
> Thanks for your assistance.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...