Re: [NTLK] So much for presumed obsolescence

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 23:58:16 EDT

On 7/27/01, Paul Nuernberger quoth:
>Just a thought - besides, being an ex-corporate tech myself, I quite relish
>the thought of any knowledgeable Newton owner person putting one over on the
>corporate IT stooges filling the marketplace these days. Most of them are
>totally worthless in & out of their field IMNSHO. YMMV.

What if you are said IT stooge/janitor and manage to get your bosses
to pay to maintain your newton habits (webpage, hubs, DSL line etc.)?
They think it's neat I run an in house intranet server off my newton,
they have no idea what that means.

And yes, I am out of my field having absolutely zero hours of
"official" computer training. Of course, like I said, I'm the janitor
too, so who knows...

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.