Re: [NTLK] Missed commercial opportu.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 13:41:16 EDT

I wonder if $teve J. envisioned the 'threat' Newton OS was to Mac OS?
It's year 2001, I still don't need a Mac laptop. If the MP2x00 series
wasn't made in 1997, I would have bought a Powerbook in 1998, by then my
MP130 would have given up it's ghost.
------------------
>while travelling. If they had
>bothered to keep the Newton alive and had developed a Newton equivalent of
>MacLink Plus and Adobe Acrobat, I don't think she would've even bothered
>getting an iBook. Nothing comes close to what a trusty old Newton can do
for
>the equivalent of mass and portability. I sincerely hope that Steve Jobs

!ooW %-)
My Newt. will still be productive way after the last Palm/Handspring is
six-feet under.
 http://www.newtontalk.net