[NTLK] Re: No longer supported software...

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 22:07:50 PDT

on 14/06/01 18:15, John M. Powell at quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net wrote:

> Speaking about copy protected software...
>
> What do (or can) we do about software that is no longer
> available for purchase (company not in biz anymore),
> some of which didn't require reg codes? I'm certainly
> not a proponent for piracy - I've spent several hundred
> on software for my Newton but there was/is some great stuff
> out there where the creators have fallen off the edge of the earth...
>
> Thoughts??

Copying it or trying to crack it to bypass copy protection would be piracy,
but since no one would be there to sue you, then I guess it's a moot point.

If a company goes down and don't even care to make their software available,
then I'm certainly not going to cry if someone makes copies of it.

Just my $0.02, obviously...

-Laurent.