[NTLK] Alternate Switch for Implant? Reasons why my Implant Switch will not work?

From: Drew Loker (lokerd_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 07:19:41 PDT

Sorry to keep going on about this, but it is really frustrating that I can't
get my Newton to work.

The whole goal is to get back to trying to get my Newton to Sync with my PC.
If I can't get this to Sync, I am going to give in and get a Palm. I have
been trying for over a year now to get this working, until my original
Implant switch failed (it would crash trying to turn off the Implant). The
replacement Implant still will not shut off, but at least it doesn't crash
when I try.

So, my questions are:

1) After another member suggested, I went back and checked my solder
connections and made sure I didn't have wires crossed, etc. Everything look
fine. But if it is still my connections, which one would it be? J1-PowerOn?
Or J2- CPU Active? Other jumper?

2) Is there any way I can solder in another switch? This certainly wouldn't
be my first choice, but I have got to try something. If I give up on the
Newton, I will have to put the old xtal back in, which sure seems like a
shame.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Drew