Re: [NTLK] Alternate Switch for Implant? Reasons why my Implant Switch will not work?

From: Marco Mailand (mmailand_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 07:47:19 PDT

> 2) Is there any way I can solder in another switch?
Hi Drew,
I followed your thread only partially, so please forgive me if I repeat
said things. I think that you could have a defective main power switch. I
had something like this with a standard (non-pixsolutioned) MP2k and the
symptome was like intermittent or non-reliable switching. IMHO, something
like this would definitly irritate the Pixsolution features and would
greatly interfere. I think you should try first to bridge your original
power switch with another switch. It could be that some liquid (in my case
beer ;-) has been flown into your switch and causes the malfunction. I tried
to repair my switch but failed during my first attempts. Later I found that
you have to undo everything from your MP, down to the display, before you
can unmount the main power switch. As soon as you got it out it should be
easy to clean it, if it works intermittently only.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse
Marco Mailand