Re: [NTLK] No longer supported software...

From: Konstantinos Xonis (Konstantinos.Xonis_at_physik.uni-giessen.de)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 07:07:42 PDT

matthew_at_crescent.org.uk said (D) k
> There are two ways of looking at this.
>
> 1. We charge the actual cost of registration be it $5, $10, $29.95 etc.
>
> 2. We charge $10 flat regardless of actual reg fee
>
> If we go with 1. is this going to cause admin headaches?
>
> If we go with 2. what happens when author turns up nad the reg fee is 29.95?
>
> The main thrust of my argument is that we are breaking the copyright on the
> strength that we can no longer buy the software - not a good legal argument.
>
> Maybe we charge a $10 flat rate and issue a new license that reads something
> like: (IANAL)
>
> You have paid $10 for the use of this software until such time as the author
> makes an appearance when you will be expected to purchase a proper license
> minus the $10. If the author cannot be found after 2yrs then all monies will
> go to charity.
>
> or something like that but you see what I'm getting at!
>
> Matthew

[..]

I'd sign this !

What about

1.5 We charge the avg of the "old" reg fees of PKGs we provide, so we could have
     some compensation base for the different "old" fees if the original author
     might show up sometime.

OTOH, we could tell the difference between "our avg fee" and the "old" fee a
provision we charge the author for getting him new customers...

still my $0.02

--
XAKChaos of XAK-Design Wetzlar