Re: [NTLK] NCU: ...an error has occurred (-1)

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 14:46:20 PDT

on 23-06-2001 4:28, Rodney Rothstein at rothstein_at_cancercenter.columbia.edu
wrote:

> So for my next step I transferred 200 names to the
> internal store from my 16Mb Simple Technologies flash card and
> removed the flash card.

> Just for the sake of completeness, I don't think
> that the limitation was on space allocation on my Mac to the two
> programs that get used: NCU is set for 6255K minimum and 25000K
> preferred and COrgAE2 is set for 768K minimum and 10000K preferred.

AFAIK it's best to have at least double the amount of RAM of your total
storage in your Newt, so with your 16MB card you should allocate about 40 MB
to NCU, so it looks like it might be a RAM problem after all.

Robert Benschop