Re: [NTLK] ATA News

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 11:16:22 PDT

>As you let us see with your ATA-news postings, you're really marching on
>towards a very complete ATA-driver.

Well, yeah, although the driver is still less than 10 % of the code
(and the work).

>Spinning-device support, atapi, DMA...

I have looked a little bit deeper into DMA, and it's what I more or
less remembered. DMA isn't supported by Runt devices (MP1x0),
structures aren't described anywhere (which makes me think that it
might haven't been totally implemented in the ROM), and besides,
although I haven't checked, it seems that my 16 MB CF card cannot do
DMA (like every CF device, although it seems that IBM's drive can ?)
so it will be hard to develop this. And my card doesn't do ATAPI as
well.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/