Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #32

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 19:43:18 PDT

on 27/06/01 20:49, Don at don_at_dcphotos.com wrote:

>>> Except that the Memphis Repair Center seems to be closed. The Newton repairs
>>> seem to be handled by the same center that does monitor repairs. I don't
>>> remember exactly where it is, and less a phone number for it.
>
> Let me get this straight...MY Newton craps out on me AND NOW after all these
> years...the repair center is shut down?!?! GREAT.
> I have removed all cards, battery, and unplugged it. I will wait till the
> morning (mourning) to try the brain wipe. Lucky for me I did a complete
> backup the day before the meltdown.
> Any other ideas are welcome. Man, I miss that green guy...

Don, don't be that desperate. As I pointed out, the Memphis repair center
dedicated for the Newton repair seems to be closed, but the Newton repairs
are now handled by the repair facility that is dedicated to monitors. I
think it's somewhere in the Kentucky. Use the same procedure to open your
case with Apple and arrange the repair. Just forget about the phone numbers
to talk to someone in Memphis.

-Laurent.