Re: [NTLK] Newted Community R.I.P. - I'm not dead yet...

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 14:36:16 PDT

In a previous message, Felix Arndt typed vigorously:

>I tried to look into the Document
><http://newted.dyndns.org/users/mmailand/www/Naccu/Naccu.html>
>and I couldn't. Newted Community's server is down now.
>Sad, isn't it?

Sad, yes. But only for the short term.

The reason that the Newted Community's server is down is because Stacey
Tenen, the handy-dandy operator of the Newted Community has lost the
hosting location for the server, and has probably physically disconnected
the server this weekend. Rather than shut the entire service down
forever, Stacey suggested to the community that someone should purchase
the server and relocate it to another ISP.

Well, that someone is me.

A group of like-minded Newtonheads have banded together to admin the
server and make sure that the wonderful community that Stacey helped
build and support is not lost to the winds of change. A new location for
the server will be announced shortly, and hopefully all of the previous
URLs will be functional. Given that it will take a bit of time for Stacey
to pack up the server, ship it to me, and get it reconnected to the net -
access to the Newted Community content will be unavailable for a couple
of weeks (by my estimation).

Have no fear, the Newted Community will be back.

Grant

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/