[NTLK] [announce] This Old Newt July Update (and a small rant)

From: ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 18:54:29 PDT

This month:
* Interview with Bill Davis of Info-Newt Fame :-)
* Updated Used Price Guide
* Some New Links as usual. ( Use our Search page )
* Take a vote in the latest community poll!
* And as always, tomorrow's updated, hot off the press... Newton FAQ. (Thank=
s=20
Paul)
* Have you seen our Newton News page? We steal all the announcement posted o=
n=20
NTLK and Newsgroups and messge boards and press releases sent to us and=20
compile em all on our regularly updated blog

http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html

*Dont forget to sign up for the NTLK2 list. Its the emergency back up in cas=
e=20
our favorite list ever goes out (I think we are in good hands, but its alway=
s=20
good to be prepared) =20

******warning off topic rant and whining********
yes its still on yahoo.groups. It will be on yahoo.groups.=20
If you dont want to sign up there..dont.=20
Please no more flame and hate mail about that.=20
I thank the <two> people who posted a kind thank you about that service bein=
g=20
available when Planet Newton went down.=20
It still kinda stinks that the majority of mail I received was flame/hate=20
over my choice of service and/or my attitude in making it available.=20
I saw the PN situation comming. I saw many offers and persons talking about=20
running a server but it was all talk and no action (until this newtontalk.ne=
t=20
service was up)=20
I was berated by folks on this list and in private. ...... I got in such a=20
boo hoo mood that I almost deleted the yahoo groups service and TON. ...But=
=20
I know that someone still finds the site fun and some folks still visit. So=20=
I=20
will try and let my mood pass and hope to help heal the community. Enjoy thi=
s=20
months update.=20
**** end pitty party*****

(yes yes yes. I'll get a life I swear I will)

Note: **Our archive pages will be down with the transfer of the Newted=20
Server**

http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html

Keep the Green=E2=84=A2,
This Old Newt=E2=84=A2, The longest running Newton E-zine .
http://members.aol.com/thisolnewt/index2.html