Re: [NTLK] various eMate hardware questions - part II

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 08:30:15 EDT

  As per the experiences of others I also had a great deal of trouble
getting the torx screws out from the back of my e-Mate and, unfortunately,
had similar results as I also stripped one of my screws. As such I solved
the problem via having the remaining, stripped screws tapped and removed.
Then I had both screws replaced with traditional phillips' screws. While
the phillips screws make opening the back simple, and seem to hold the back
plate of the e-Mate well, the only "drawback" is that the screws do feel as
if they tighten as much as the torx screws did.

  Yet I am glad I had the change done.

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110